An artisan jewelry journey in color, texture and fun. Beaded jewelry with handcrafted sterling silver is my focus and joy.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006



I just love the Kenyan Womens' Shelter Project kazuri ceramic beads. After I made the bracelet, I decided to make a companion necklace, but this necklace I will donate to a fundraiser for my daughter's school, rather than sell at my shop.


It's a multicultural event, with all sorts of food and activities. The necklace will be sold at silent auction. I hope it does well for the school. I'm very excited to work with the kazuri beads, as they are produced and sold by fair trade, and as such produce real economic results for the women who make them. That really can't be said for the majority of beads produced in the world, and that's a sad state of affairs.

No comments: