An artisan jewelry journey in color, texture and fun. Beaded jewelry with handcrafted sterling silver is my focus and joy.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Calling All Sweethearts


Okay, I've got some probably less-than-welcome news....Valentine's Day is right around the corner. Now, you can always postpone thinking about this and go with the last minute grab some flowers-n-candy, whatever sparkly thing the local chain jewelry store has on special, and ho-hum your sweetie again. OR, you can take a little time, find that one-of-a-kind something that speaks your heart's sentiments or appeals to the interests of your sweetie's heart.


While visiting the Etsy shop of Pamela E. Miller, creator of art and jewelry, I found that she expresses her creative philosophies quite eloquently:
I feel that creating art is a way of sharing your soul with others. As you will see in my artwork: sometimes I am very flamboyant and always colorful, sometimes confidant and peaceful, other times angry or chaotic. I think all of my emotions; passions come out in my works.



What better approach to finding that special gift than to look to others with the special gifts of transforming passions into art? Pamela's artwork includes colorful seascapes, vibrant cityscapes, stunning abstracts and fairies/fantasy art. Trained at the Maryland Institute of Art, Howard Community College and Capital College, she has exhibited at the Chesapeake Gallery in Prince Frederick, Maryland, and DMG Artwork in Annapolis. She also has jewelry for sale in her shop - fun creations full of color and fanciful wirework.


So take a little time as you shop for your beloved, and consider shopping for an art piece that speaks to you from Contemporary Original Art by Pamela E. Miller, finding more about her and her inspirations on her blog. I'll leave you with a piece she calls "Huge Happiness" - may you be blessed with some this week.

No comments: