An artisan jewelry journey in color, texture and fun. Beaded jewelry with handcrafted sterling silver is my focus and joy.

Saturday, November 17, 2007

For the Love of Moose


I met Craftymoose back in August 2006 on Etsy when I joined a fun group of Etsians who met weekly in the Forums for one of JewelStreet's Creative Challenges. Now, I haven't participated in a Creative Challenge for some time - working too much, moving across country, excuses all around - but I was very glad to see her join up with us 90 Feature Folk in the blog challenge we're doing. Glad because she now has company because of the challenge, - haha, I think Craftymoose was the only reader other than family I ever had for my blog - thanks Crafty! Also more doubly glad because she has such fun and imaginative pieces in her shop - items you are not going to find just anywhere for sure, and that I'm very glad to write a feature for. Her beaded creatures/suncatchers have always been favorites of mine, and her French flowers blow me away - how do people work with those tiny little beads????


Craftymoose claims to have been crafting for as long as she can remember, is self-taught and has enjoyed painting, needlework, quilting, polymer clay and jewelry making. Most recently drawn to beads, she has returned to the art of french-beaded flowers. She also has one-of-a-kind beaded art dolls and suncatchers as shown here in this post. Custom requests are welcomed by Craftymoose, so if there is something you would like to see created with her singular type of craft, give her a contact either through her shop or her blog.

And if you're wondering, the name Craftymoose came about because of her love of crafts and her husband's love of moose. Her avatar is the head of a 4'+ tall moose she made for her husband one Christmas - now there's a loving wife!

2 comments:

Elements by Dawn said...

Crafty does such wonderful beadwork! I really like her French beaded flowers.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thank you Ginny for such a nice feature! I really enjoy reading your blog.

Thanks for the complements, too, Dawn!