An artisan jewelry journey in color, texture and fun. Beaded jewelry with handcrafted sterling silver is my focus and joy.

Monday, October 01, 2007

Etsy Artist My Fairy Babies


There are so many wonderful things to find on Etsy, with its literally thousands of artists of handmade goods. My Fairy Babies makes so very cute fantasy art items for kids and babies. This is "Lolly". Isn't she adorable? What a fun lovey this would make for a little girl who loves fairies.

The shop is the creation of Hyla Waldron, who also sells at Faewood Creations

I interviewed Hyla, and here's what she had to say about being an Etsy artist:

What inspires you? My children inspire me, artists that can draw fairies inspire me, and nature is a also a huge inspiration!

How long have you had your shop? Since June 2007

Is this a job for you or a hobby? A hobby, it is something that makes me feel like I am my own person outside of being a mom. What I wouldn't give to turn this into a successful business though and be able to have my husband stay home with me and our children.

How did you get into your craft? When I was pregnant with my third child, Guinevere-who is now 9 weeks old, I was looking for fairy items to buy for her and came up empty handed every where I looked. So I decided to make my own fairy items for her.

Do you have any advice for fellow Etsy Shop owners? Don't count on Etsy to make you successful, you really have to market your work everywhere and tell everyone. Make sure you always have business cards on hand.

Anything you would like to add? I will keep making my fantasy items for kids and one day this will be huge!

You can find out more about Hyla by visiting her blog, too.

No comments: