An artisan jewelry journey in color, texture and fun. Beaded jewelry with handcrafted sterling silver is my focus and joy.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Relax. Smile. Be.

Simple words of wisdom from Etsy Glass Artist, Ginger Black. Her art definitely inspires that middle concept of joy.

In an e-chat with fellow Etsy Artist Patricia C. Vener, aka Silver Dragon, Ginger had this to say about her work:

"I am in love with colorful, melting, flowing glass. Soft Italian glass called Moretti is what I use to create all my lampwork beads. It’s called soft because it melts at a lower temperature than the hard glass (borosilicate) that Pyrex dishware is made of. My favorite thing about making beads is that there is always something new I can’t wait to try: dot formations, stripes, flowers, fish, adding metals, sculpting - the list is endless! My next adventure in glass is to try fusing where you melt layers of glass together to create an array of items from earrings to dishes."

Her joie de vivre is also apparent in her Bio on Etsy in that she finds "bliss in making glass beads and solace in running, pure yee-ha joy on a snowboard and otherworldliness in a kayak."




I think you can find all that and more in her beads, don't you? To find out more, check out her shop at Ginger Black Glass, and her blog.

1 comment:

Hyla said...

So colorful!
Please check out my blog!
http://myfairybabies.blogspot.com/
Hyla