An artisan jewelry journey in color, texture and fun. Beaded jewelry with handcrafted sterling silver is my focus and joy.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Smellin' Sweet

Etsy
Buy Handmade
A Rose by Name

Today I'd like to introduce you to the Etsy shop A Rose by Name. Beautiful, awesome beadwork is the name of the game for this Etsy seller.

She was kind enough to e-chat with me and offered these insights into her art and craft:

How did you get into your craft? I started beading with my daughters well over ten years ago when the bead critters were popular among the elementary kids. I became addicted and the beads just got smaller and the designs and concepts more refined.

What inspires you? Just about everything...patterns, colors, books, music, time periods, anything.

What challenges you in your art? I've had so many ideas running around in my head at one time that I often have trouble getting a single one to form coherently and it can get frustrating.

How long have you had your shop? Since January of 2007.

Do you consider your shop a job or a hobby? Though beading started as a hobby, I would prefer it were my career since it's already my passion!

Do you have any advice for fellow Etsy shop owners? Stick with it and promote whenever and wherever you can. It's still slow for me, but I won't lose hope that it'll pick up!

To find out more about this fabulous artist, check out her blog, too. You'll find some amazing work. Buy Handmade!

No comments: